At Hopewell Family Dentistry, we want to help you attain your best smile. That’s why Dr. Patrick Carter and our team offer various dentistry services, including restorations like dental crowns.
A dental crown is like a tiny hardhat that covers a natural tooth to protect, strengthen, or improve a person’s oral health and aesthetics.
Reasons You Might Need a Dental Crown
You may need a dental crown for one or more of the following reasons:
- Protect a weak or brittle tooth from breaking
- Hold together parts of a cracked or fractured tooth
- Protect a decayed or damaged tooth
- Restore a broken or severely worn down tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling
- Secure a dental bridge in place
- Conceal a severely discolored or misshapen tooth
- Top a dental implant
- Modify cosmetic flaws
Though crowns often restore an adult tooth, some children may need a crown on a primary tooth to:
- Save a tooth damaged from decay and prevent the decay from spreading
- Cover a tooth that can’t support a filling
- Protect a tooth that’s at a higher risk for tooth decay, especially if a child does not practice good daily oral hygiene
- Cover a tooth that hasn’t developed correctly
We only suggest a dental crown for a child to preserve their natural primary tooth. Repairing and restoring primary teeth is important because it helps their permanent teeth grow correctly and reduces their chance of needing orthodontic care.
Custom Dental Crowns in Anderson, SC
Do you have a broken or decayed tooth? Please call our dental office in Anderson, SC, today to schedule your appointment and learn more about your restorative dental care options.